Thursday, December 28, 2006

Who will you vote for?


Have You?
Originally uploaded by cameradawktor.
Well, today I had to give myself a shot. That makes 3 headaches this menstrual cycle. It was looking like it was going to be 2, but why be miserable. I had fought this headache all day, and was pretty mild, but was starting to pick up this afternoon. So i shot up.

The last two times I've taken DHE I have angled the needle and have had no leg pain afterwards. I mean, it hurts at the site, but I don't have leg pain for like 2 hours like in the past. Also, since the pain is milder the shot works in about an hour or so. So I'm feeling like a million bucks now. I got quite a bit of housework done today so it's not like in the past where my day is wasted fighting pain.

I'm beginning to think that maybe the botox did help. I mean, not drastically like I was hoping for and like I was told it would if it was working. But overall, it has made many headaches be so mild and disappear on their own. And, for the ones that stay it keeps them in a tolerable range. It could be the trileptal....or the botox. Who cares? I'm just glad something is helping.

I'm tempted to up my trileptal again to see if I get more benefit but I just did on the 20th, that's only 8 days ago so they won't do it yet. Perhaps after I get back from Thailand it will be a possibility. One great thing about my trip, is that about two or three days into it I will get to start taking prozac as my cycle approaches again. That seemed to be like a miracle pill for me this last time so I am so happy that it makes my chances of feeling good over there better.

Woohoo!!! :)

4 comments:

Jana said...

I'm so happy to hear things are going well with your new treatments! I hope the headaches continue to be relatively easy to treat.

ron st.amant said...

I'd never want to see Jesus run for anything...can you imagine the SwiftBoating Jesus ads where they get someone to say he never really walked on water, he was just stepping on rocks or something, or they'd claim that when he fed the multitudes a bunch of people got sick on the fish...it wouls just be horrible to see them twisting his "the meek shall inherit the Earth" into somehow being 'for the terrorists and agains the troops'...besides Jesus would probably run a non-profit somewhere in Oregon

Suzanne R said...

I'm so glad you've been feeling better! God is good!

Anonymous said...

Hi, it seems as though it has been about half a year since you last posted on your blog but I came across it when searching for low oxalate recipes last year. Anyway, I want to thank you for the tip I picked up from your blog about sourcing rice flour from a Chinese supermarket, since the only stuff I could find was organic stoneground stuff, and stoneground grains are higher in oxalate than those not stoneground.

Also, if you are still on a low oxalate diet I'd like to point out the VP foundation website, though I am aware that you don't suffer from VP but some of their advice and recipes might help you out too. In particular taking calcium and magnesium supplements to lower oxalate absorption and that 'dutch processed' cocoa and chocolate is lower in oxalate then normal chocolate and cocoa, though still quite high so you have to be careful with it as always.

I hope something of that helped and if not thanks anyway for the tip and good luck to us both in managing our chronic pain.