Friday, December 08, 2006

must be grace...

must be grace - for my update on my blog (www.iammyowndoctor.blogspot.com)

Wednesday was my neuro appointment. Woke up with a tiny baby headache. By the time I got to the appointment it was 2-3 and on the way home it was reaching a 4. Since I had no more drugs at home that I could take I could either cheat and take the percocets I'm not supposed to take or have my husband take the rest of the day off of work and take me to the clinic in Vancouver, Washington for an i.v. treatment of Depacon. I opted for following the rules.

I have never got a depacon i.v. before and let me just say, it's much easier to get i.v.'s like this when the pain is only at a 4. At a 6-8, very uncomfortable. I'm so glad I wasn't reliving October.

Let's just say that it took 5 hours for the depacon to work, but at least it didn't make the pain worse. I did also have to take two Aleve and I don't know how much they helped but I took them as well.

Thursday was a great day, a nice break from the day before.

Today, Friday the 8th and my son's 8th birthday, I woke up with a stiff neck. As the morning progressed it got quite painful and was moving up my head on the same right hand side. However, sometime while I was getting my haircut (which usually makes it worse), my headache up and disappeared. I didn't take anything for it but did rub tigerbalm on the muscles in my neck.

Not sure what happened, it must be grace. Whatever it was I LIKE IT! With taking frovas 3x last week, I need to hold off a few days before I get another one. And, I don't really have the time to drive to Vancouver (30+ min.) to get a Depacon treatment, especially when it takes 5 hours for it to work AND I can't drive myself.

Here's a cutiemus picture of my cornball kid today on his birthday
attack of the birthday presents

No comments: