Sunday, November 26, 2006

if today was a battle, i'm a winner

vinh & dad's robot war by vinh, age 6
If today was a battle, I'm a winner. Typically, this would be a migraine day for me but wahoo, I was perfect all day. (Only 2 hrs. left in it!)

I have had half the migraines in this cycle so far that I would normally have and half the pain. This smells like success to me.

Today I went to church, took my earplugs and WORE THEM!! I even sold @ least 6 calendars. That was great. Then we went to my brother-in-law's for my nephew Vinh's 6th birthday. My sister-in-law, who is Vietnamese, is a fabulous cook. My BIL BBQ'd pork loin steaks, we had rice and a wonderful salad. Her parents were there and brothers, and a cousin. Lots of kids and Vietnamese talk. It's great to be the minority sometimes and have the feeling of being an outsider as you have no idea what the heck anyone is talking about. More people should have that experience in their lives. We English speaking American's are not the only ones on the planet you know!!!

Then we came home for an hour and let the dog out before going to a Thailand meeting @ a local restaraunt. I can't believe we only have 6 weeks or so left. That is just amazing to me. And, I am not as fearful about going since I have a few decent weeks under my belt and no uncontrolable pain as of present. I talked with a woman whose husband is leading out trip. She lives over there and has health problems. She goes to a very reputable doctor and I've decided that if I were to get miserable there, I would seek healthcare. Thailand has wonderful healthcare @ an extremely cheap price, so that shouldn't be a problem.

It's amazing that a month ago it seemed unfathomable for me to go and enjoy myself and now, it definitely seems in reach.

1 comment:

Rain said...

I'm happy for you that you have success with your migraine therapy.Your trip sounds very exciting. looking forward to seeing your pics already.