Friday, November 17, 2006

It's a Done Deal

after the botox
Well, it's a done deal. Here's a most blurry-ish self-portrait of me AFTER the botox. It only took about 15 min. and there were at least 15, maybe 20 injection sites. You can see a little bump right between my eyes, and that is one that was raised for a few minuites.

It felt like someone was poking me with a safety pin so wasn't what you would call painful. But I got two on each side down by my eyebrow and those made me jump a little bit.

Definitely not a big deal.

The doctor said that 7 out of 10 people find relief. So much relief that it can decrease the pain level, frequency level, and the need for medications by 75%!!!

Truly amazing. Now I'm waiting to find out if I am in the majority or the minority. I was pretty cocky/confident at first. We even went out to dinner to celebrate! But like a dork, I ate corn chips and salsa, guacamole and mushrooms w/ my steak fajita. Except for the steak fajita, all those are NO NO's. Within a few hours I started to get a migraine on the left side which radiated all the way down my neck. I iced it for 20 min. and tried for a few hours to see how it would go w/out a frovatriptan, but by the time I went to bed there was no doubt in my mind that this was a migraine. It made no sense to try not to treat it at that point so I took the frovatriptan.

I woke up feeling great!

At first I thought I would have to cancel my great-niece's photo shoot because I had to go buy backdrop material first and she lives an hour away. It will make for a busy day and I thought I may need to take it easy. But I've been feeling so good that I decided to go ahead and do it. It's just that I'm trying to stay w/in my 2 frova's a week parameters. I DON'T want to go to Urgent Care because I get the third headache that I am not supposed to treat, AND I do not want to lay around miserable because I can't treat it.

That's why I have to take care of myself if I need to, keep things low key and be careful about my eating and my exercising. *Unfortunately it looks like I won't get to go walking today....*

Last night showed me that if the Botox helps, that doesn't mean I can just start shoving anything in my mouth that I want to. I'll need to continue watching what I eat/drink w/ all the other migraine prevention things I am learning to do.
bring it on baby!
Before Botox Photo

3 comments:

ron st.amant said...

but it sounds like a positive start! best of luck

Jacki said...

YAY!!

Guatyen said...

you're gonna be just fine. :) keep the happy meter in the positive zone