Wednesday, November 15, 2006

yipee kai yai yeah

t.w. after her first game back after injury
Well, yesterday (Tues. the 14th) was a stinkin' fantabulous day. No pain whatsoever. I even went to my niece T.W.'s women's college basketball game. She is going to the U of Idaho, playing for the Vandals. They were up against the Portland Pilots (U of Portland) and lost. The whole family enjoyed the game because for virtually all of her college career she hasn't been able to play due to injury. What's great, is that her first game back, she played in the closest campus to her hometown. Almost all of her aunts and uncles got to see her play. And, I didn't even have to wear earplugs or worry about not feeling good.

Today was great too. I went walking, about 4 miles, had my kidney stone check-up (still lots of stones but we're going to wait another 6 mos. and see what happens), ran a few errands, and went to a friend's house for the afternoon. It's amazing with how just a few days of feeling perfect I already start thinking about what I'm going to do with my new life: get a job, be a better housekeeper, invite friends over, etc. I think it would be just grand if this was FINALLY the time where the well stretch far outlasted my previous record of 22 days.

So Botox is tomorrow afternoon and I'll post all of the details about that. I think that so far, the decreased Lamictal is helping, the propanolol (as I haven't had any pulse problems/artery pain) and the MigreLief. I'm hoping that the Botox will be the icing on the cake. Don't know how much all of these things will help the menstrual migraines yet, but I am hopeful.

Wait, did I say that???????

me with my great-niece ~ little miss petunia peach

3 comments:

Guatyen said...

not hopeful, all of us visiting here want you to be as healthy as a can be! so you can fly like a bee from flower to flower and taste all the sweet things in life! all the best for tomorrow! *hugs*

CameraDawktor said...

thanks a ton alison, buzz buzz!!!!!!!!

Suzanne R said...

I am caught up now on your weekend and the last few days and I am soooo glad that you have been feeling tremendously better and managing your headaches so well! I am praying for the Botox to be even better at helping you live without pain. Looking forward to an update. (Adorable pic of you with the wee one!)

HUGS!