Friday, November 03, 2006

Satisfied


Today was not a perfect day, but I'm so satisfied with it. I woke up with my symptoms being irritability (not terrible but there) and sensitivity to noise. Is this an aura? Have to find out about that.

Sent the kids off to school and went walking. Gosh, it was really raining but I better get used to it. As Winter is 1/4 of the way here, it's always warmer when it rains. And here, it rains a lot. So I have a plan, I bought an obnoxius looking rain slicker and a dorky hat but it will work. Even so, today my pant legs got wet. But the fresh air felt good on my face. When I am feeling this way I don't do well when it's stuffy and always want cold air on my face, so it was perfect.

My pain didn't get any worse so I went to the grocery store. It's dangerous to go when I'm not perfect because sometimes I'll get worse. But at the same time, I can't wait around because I'll never go. Besides, I was waiting for payday and we were out of so many things. As soon as the money hit the account I was walking down the grocery aisles.

I could have saved the shopping for the hubs, but I've decided to go on a massive elimination diet. It is so worth any sacrifice to even 1/2 my pain days and try to avoid I.V. treatment. Don't get me wrong, it's helpful but not easy. It's not the needle or the I.V. itself, it's how the drugs make you feel. Besides, pain @ the level it takes to get me there is no picnic. So, I wanted to get some things to help me feel like I have something to eat. I even found some cookies that have just a trace of soy which is one of my biggo offenders. (don't ask me how I'll avoid this in Thailand....)

Got home from the grocery store and felt great. Think it took me a little too long to eat lunch though. Although I did have an unripe banana and Koala rice bar for a snack @ 11:30. Had to make my Vietnamese rice paper rolls for lunch though. Maybe I'll post the recipe if anyone comments or e-mails and is interested. Pretty dang tastey and quite different from things we normally eat here....us caucasin americans.

I felt a bit more pressure after lunch and the pain went to a 2. But the weird thing was how much my thinking shut down. I just thought it did when it got to a 3 or a 4 but I think it's one of the symptoms in general. I just took it easy the rest of the day, used tiger balm a couple of times, iced once, stayed in a dark room but did watch television. Just kicked back.

It is so totally rare that when I start off like this that I stay @ this level. Makes me wonder if it was just decreasing the sugar, wheat, yeast, etc. that I was sort of withdrawling from. It's not just a piece of cake going off those things. Anyway, I am SO SATISFIED. I have been waiting for a day like this for at least a year. Maybe longer. Sometimes my pain will just stay @ a 3 all day, but this is even an improvement on that.

I am determined to follow through on this elimination plan and I won't even call it a diet. More of a life change. I've done it before but added stuff back. And it was hard to tell what was bothering me. Within a couple of months I'll know if it helps and then I will KEEP DOING IT. It's worth the sacrifice to be different because I'm different anyway....

Oh, and it must be emphasized that I didn't take any medicine today. I sure hope I can get to @ least Monday before I need frovatriptan because the goal is that I only treat 2 migraines/headaches a week.

No comments: