Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Now that's what I'm talking about

tse
The 27th, Monday, I ended up w/ a pretty good whanger in the evening after doing some house cleaning and getting the Christmas tree and because it was still my cycle I gave myself a shot. It took at least three or four hours for it to work, but it worked! My pain got up to a four but never went any higher than that.

Tuesday was a fabulous day that included spending time with some friends and going to the dentist as well as taking Max-Ay to the dentist. Papa D took the kids to our friends' house to get hair cuts and I stayed home to get a little more done around the house and to just take it easy.

Today was great as well. TSE brought Zachary home from school with him and they had a great time playing. He's a pretty funny kid and I enjoyed having him over.
happy bus riders

Then, we went to the doctor's office for Meyer D's contact recheck appt. and I went extra early to get my Hepatitis A shot in preparation for Thailand. Papa D was pretty jealous of me because he needed quite a few shots and I only needed one! He must have mentioned that 3+ times. I don't see what the big deal about shots is....

I e-mailed Dr. Roz about the botox today and she said to go ahead and schedule another botox appt. and to watch and see how my next two menstrual cycles go. I told her I didn't think I was successful w/ the botox but maybe she thought otherwise. Only time will tell.

All I know is that so far I am tolerating the Trileptal very well, it's like I am having no side effects whatsoever. I don't know how much it is helping with the headaches yet but has been doing pretty well for mood. We'll have to keep an eye on that too. I'm just glad that it's been more than a month since I've needed an IV med. Even though I would like for the frequency to be decreased, at least I am able to manage the pain and care for myself at home. For now, this is the definition of success.

No comments: