Thursday, November 02, 2006

Some Interesting Quote and Food For Thought...



My grade school/high school/migraine/ chronic pain friend Steph sent me http://www.nwcn.com/sharedcontent/health/stories/101706cckkHEALTHfibromyalgia.4aaae4d9.htmltonight. It's a story about a woman with Fibromyalgia, but there's a quote in the story that I really could relate to.

It's a short, interesting story. One of the things it touches on is people not understanding, the mood disorders it causes or is related to, and most importantly, the realness of the condition regardless of whether or not people understand the suffering of those that are afflicted with chronic pain.

"Almost everything in medicine can be measured or tested or read from an x-ray. But pain remains elusive. There's nothing to go on but the word of the sufferer that something hurts. No dial or readout can tell how much." (Bill Marevl/The Dallas Morning News)

*If you are praying for me, 1) pray for my kids and my husband that they won't be angry and resent what's happening 2) pray for my trip to Thailand Jan. 8-18 that my doctors will let me go and that I will have plenty of pain management techniques in place so that I don't end up in the hospital over there 3)pray for endurance when things get bad that I will remember the good things to live for and to remember that "this too shall pass..."

*If you are in chronic pain I pray that you are encouraged to know that you are not alone, for peace in the midst of trials, for hope that things will get better and patience to keep you going until they do.

No comments: