Sunday, November 19, 2006

Trying not to jump to conclusions

miss petunia peach 2
Here's a cutimous picture from the photo shoot w/ my great niece miss petuniah peach. We had such a great time. My husband's family is so large that it's impossible to have intimate, personal time w/ 30+ people in a room. Friday, I got Miss Petunia Peach all to myself (so to speak). It was wonderful, because I got to see her little personality, get plenty of time holding her, and just find out what she's like.

She's a cool kid. And I think, will be very smart. She could stare at you for hours w/out blinking, it's amazing. And she's so serious. I mean, she smiles, but she just studies people, studies the world. Very quiet and calm too. I love her! And we had such great fun taking pictures of her.

I didn't really eat lunch before I left home and by the time I ate dinner I was quite hungry. I think I waited too long to eat. And all things considered, I got by pretty well w/ that even though I had a slight headache when I got home. Driving home in the dark with the flashing bright lights in my eyes probably didn't help either.

I didn't take anything before I went to bed and was able to sleep just fine.

Saturday morning I still had the headache when I woke up. It wasn't too bad and I tried to ignore it. But by 11 a.m. I realized that if I wanted to do more than ice my head on the couch all day that I would need to take something. Also, I was feeling in such a funk I realized that it was probably time to start the prozac that i'm supposed to take the 10 days before my period. It's hard to say when it will start since I'm just coming off the birth control pills, but I'm right in the ballpark. Feeling that way, well, it's just a sign.

So I took the frovatriptan, endured feeling quite moody for a few hours and was still able to go to celebrate Thanksgiving with my side of the family. I think I would have had to stay home if it weren't for the frovatriptan, and the Ativan too. I took the Ativan because the irritability problems that I get w/ my cycle started to flare up and it was either go to bed and pull the covers over my head or take a chill pill. I decided that since I was fighting a migraine I didn't need the added irritability. I think I made a good decision because the headache went away, I was able to enjoy my family, and I got a good night's rest.

I even woke up this a.m. with no headache and had a 100% day. However, by this morning, I was getting really discouraged at the botox, as it wasn't seeming to be helping me. I kept telling myself that after two weeks I'd have more days under my belt as proof to whether it was going to be working or not. Just because the first few days were less than perfect didn't mean that the next few wouldn't be better.

At least today, anyway, has been great. I've also noticed that the botox has really affected all the muscles in my forehead and on the sides of my head too. It feels tight. Do you know what it feels like to put that clear packaging tape on your face? That's what it feels like, like if I try to raise my eyebrows I feel tightness, firmness.

I suppose this is how you lose the wrinkles. I sure hope it will significantly impact my headaches. I'm sure I could endure another disappointment but I really really want this to be a go for me. Maybe it won't be THE answer, but just so it could help a significant amount would be so nice.

I'm trying to be patient and not jump to conclusions about it. It's going to be what it's going to be....all I can do is enjoy the good day I had today.

No comments: